Team rider: Amy Bowers
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado | Discipline: Eventer
"Comfort is huge! If you're thinking about your clothes, you’re not thinking about your horse."
We are happy to welcome Amy Bowers as our newest Team Rider!
Amy is a 4 Star Senior Instructor with Parelli and has a gift for helping people achieve excellence with their own horses. She teaches lessons and clinics to horse owners across the US. Through the years she’s helped countless people with their horses with a variety of outcomes: from horses and owners with particular problems (trailer loading, safety with riding, pull backs), to people with a lot of experience who want to achieve excellence whether in competition or at home, to people looking for someone to put a foundation on their young horse.
"Horsemanship is everything! I filter all my goals through horsemanship principles. I need to make sure all my goal at the end line up to the question – what is going to make the horse a happy athlete?"
Amy's tips on strengthening your bond with your horse through the new year:
- Attitude is everything, horses are sensitive so it’s important to recognize the attitude you bring before working with your horse.
- At the end of the day have fun with your horse
- Go with their nature and not against it.
- It’s never too late to learn anything
- Always be super intentional
- Remember to be proactive in the winter to prepare for the summer season
"Every day I do something that takes us out of our comfort zone. It's easy to get into a pattern but this year I'm working on breaking that pattern and creating a better pattern. It's all about being super intentional and building confidence together."